IN OTHER NEWS
- The Wisconsin Department of Tourism presented the Tomahawk Regional Chamber of Commerce with a $30,000 check Monday. TOMAHAWK It's a part of the department's Joint Effort Marketing grant, or JEM, which helps communities create brand strategies.
- With gusty winds and dry conditions, fire can spread quickly. Because of the danger, the DNR has issued a Red Flag Warning for the Northwoods until 7:00 p.m Monday. NORTHWOODS The warning covers Ashland, Iron, Price, Oneida, Vilas, Lincoln, Langlade, Forest, Florence, Oconto, Marinette, and Menominee counties.
- Lakeland Union High School will accept a section of the "T-Bird Country" bridge. MINOCQUA The bridge will be replaced and taken down. Bob Metropulos wanted to save the bridge, so he went to the company that owns it and asked to buy it.
- The Vilas County Sheriff's Office believes a tree falling into a power line caused a fire in Land O' Lakes Monday afternoon. LAND O' LAKES The Sheriff's Office received a call from a Wisconsin DNR warden at 2:12 p.m. reporting a grass fire in the area of Claire Fire Lane and County Trunk Highway S southwest of Land O' Lakes.
- Merrill's disc golf club, Merrill DG, wants to build a new course in the city. MERRILL Right now, there's only one nine-hole course in all of Merrill. That course at Riverside Park is small, but it's busy. It's not uncommon to have to wait to use the course.
- As a kid, you probably didn't look forward to eating spinach. Maybe you still don't. EAGLE RIVER But some students are learning how to take locally grown produce and turn it into tasty snacks, including smoothies.
- We expect every student to learn how to read. But at Eagle River Elementary school teachers take it a step further by helping students understand what they read. EAGLE RIVER "Literacy is huge. It's a big part of our world, our society. It connects to all other subjects," said Eagle River Elementary Principal Karie Jo Bornberg.