IN OTHER NEWS
- The Wisconsin Department of Tourism presented the Tomahawk Regional Chamber of Commerce with a $30,000 check Monday. TOMAHAWK It's a part of the department's Joint Effort Marketing grant, or JEM, which helps communities create brand strategies.
- With gusty winds and dry conditions, fire can spread quickly. Because of the danger, the DNR has issued a Red Flag Warning for the Northwoods until 7:00 p.m Monday. NORTHWOODS The warning covers Ashland, Iron, Price, Oneida, Vilas, Lincoln, Langlade, Forest, Florence, Oconto, Marinette, and Menominee counties.
- The Vilas County Sheriff's Office believes a tree falling into a power line caused a fire in Land O' Lakes Monday afternoon. LAND O' LAKES The Sheriff's Office received a call from a Wisconsin DNR warden at 2:12 p.m. reporting a grass fire in the area of Claire Fire Lane and County Trunk Highway S southwest of Land O' Lakes.
- As a kid, you probably didn't look forward to eating spinach. Maybe you still don't. EAGLE RIVER But some students are learning how to take locally grown produce and turn it into tasty snacks, including smoothies.
- Merrill's disc golf club, Merrill DG, wants to build a new course in the city. MERRILL Right now, there's only one nine-hole course in all of Merrill. That course at Riverside Park is small, but it's busy. It's not uncommon to have to wait to use the course.
- With illegal drug use on the rise, used syringes will start to turn up in public places more often. MERRILL Merrill police want to remind everyone how to properly dispose of these dangerous needles.
- The recipe couldn't have been better for wildfires to form and spread quickly today. RHINELANDER