IN OTHER NEWS
- Investigators want to know what caused a fire at a sawmill in Wood County Monday night. TOWN OF HANSEN The Wood County dispatch center received phone calls at about 8:50 P.M. Monday night that the Felty Amish Sawmill was on fire in the town of Hansen.
- With illegal drug use on the rise, used syringes will start to turn up in public places more often. MERRILL Merrill police want to remind everyone how to properly dispose of these dangerous needles.
- Lakeland Union High School will accept a section of the "T-Bird Country" bridge. MINOCQUA The bridge will be replaced and taken down. Bob Metropulos wanted to save the bridge, so he went to the company that owns it and asked to buy it.
- A volunteer survey of loons in Wisconsin shows the population is strong. ASHLAND The Wisconsin Loon Population Survey estimates the number of loons at 4,350, an increase of about 9 percent from 2010. The chick population is estimated at 834, an increase of nearly 38 percent.
- We expect every student to learn how to read. But at Eagle River Elementary school teachers take it a step further by helping students understand what they read. EAGLE RIVER "Literacy is huge. It's a big part of our world, our society. It connects to all other subjects," said Eagle River Elementary Principal Karie Jo Bornberg.
- With gusty winds and dry conditions, fire can spread quickly. Because of the danger, the DNR has issued a Red Flag Warning for the Northwoods until 7:00 p.m Monday. NORTHWOODS The warning covers Ashland, Iron, Price, Oneida, Vilas, Lincoln, Langlade, Forest, Florence, Oconto, Marinette, and Menominee counties.
- Merrill's disc golf club, Merrill DG, wants to build a new course in the city. MERRILL Right now, there's only one nine-hole course in all of Merrill. That course at Riverside Park is small, but it's busy. It's not uncommon to have to wait to use the course.