Loading
Search
NEWS STORIES

Wisconsin Businesses Targeted by ScamSubmitted: 01/31/2013
Story By Associated Press

MADISON - The state is warning Wisconsin businesses about a scam from a company calling itself Corporate Records Service.

The Department of Financial Institutions says there is no state requirement to fill out a "so-called" Annual Minutes Form and submit a fee of 1-hundred 25 dollars

The DFI says the form "looks" official it's not.

An administrator with DFI says ``business owners should not be hoodwinked into giving out potentially confidential information and paying an unnecessary fee.''

The form says that Corporate Records Service is offering to assist businesses with maintaining "minutes of meetings of shareholders and boards of directors", but doesn't give any specifics on how they'll provide that service.

The Corporate Records Service is not registered with DFI.

(Copyright 2013 Associated Press - All Rights Reserved)


Text Size: + Increase | Decrease -
| Print Story | Email Story
Sponsored in part by HodagSports.com





 IN OTHER NEWS

RHINELANDER - Newswatch 12 turned 50 this year, but it's actually lucky the station made it past year two.

A tragic accident in 1968 knocked the station off the air for nearly a year, and William Anderson was one of the two who lived through it.

"It's a quite a story," said Anderson.

+ Read More

MARATHON COUNTY - Highway 29 in Marathon County needed to be shut down for a time after cattle escaped from a trailer following a crash.

It happened at 11:15 p.m. Sunday when a tractor-trailer rolled on Highway 29, at County Y in the Town of Norrie.

+ Read More

MADISON - Wisconsin elections officials have started mailing postcards to hundreds of thousands of people telling them how to register to vote.

State lawmakers passed a measure earlier this year requiring Wisconsin to join a multi-state consortium that works to identify eligible voters who haven't registered and informs them how to get on the books.

+ Read More
What We're Working OnSubmitted: 09/26/2016

- Tonight on Newswatch 12:

Two people in Sugar Camp safely escaped a house fire that heavily damaged their garage. We'll give you the latest details.

Plus, we'll bring you new information on an attempt by Marathon County officials to keep drivers safe from cows that were let loose from an accident on Highway 29.

We'll bring you the details on these stories and more tonight on Newswatch 12 - news from where you live.

+ Read More

ONEIDA COUNTY - Outdoor sports in the Northwoods draw thousands of people to its lakes, streams, and ponds each year.
This year one of those popular sports seasons will be extended by two weeks.

"Historically inland trout season closed on September 30th, and beginning this year it will be open for another two weeks until October 15th," said DNR Fisheries Biologist John Kubisiak.

The DNR hopes that extra time will give trout fishermen a few more opportunities.

"The main goal was to simplify the number of regulations and number of regulation categories, increase opportunities where we could to try to just make it easier for anglers to get out and fish," said Kubisiak.

+ Read More

Play Video

LAONA - Whipping winds and off-and-on rain couldn't keep 91-year-old Bud Kuhrasch off the golf course Monday.

"Rain or shine, we'd be here," Kuhrasch said with a smile.

Then again, the weather doesn't really bother Kuhrasch. The U.S. Navy veteran helped invade Omaha Beach at Normandy on D-Day in 1944.  Monday, he joined two other World War II vets and more than 100 other veterans at Nicolet Country Club's annual outing.

"It's an honor for me to be here with these guys," Kuhrasch said of fellow servicemen Dan Buschatz and Bernie Miller.

+ Read More

SUGAR CAMP - Fire badly damaged a house in Sugar Camp Monday afternoon. The Oneida County Sheriff's Office got a call of the fire on County Highway A around 1:00 p.m.

The garage of the house appeared to be destroyed. Firefighters were still putting out flames on the roof of the house an hour later.

The Sheriff's Office thinks the fire might have started in a wood stove in the garage, where a man was burning garbage. 

Police said there were two people in the home at the time of the fire, but they made it out safely. Police haven't said yet what caused the fire or how much damage there was.

+ Read More
+ More General News
Search: 




Click Here