Rodgers, Braun Restaurant Holds Fundraiser for Spa Shooting Victims
- Two of Wisconsin's favorite athletes used their new restaurant to help out victims of last month's spa shooting.
A fundraiser held by the restaurant named for Aaron Rodgers and Ryan Braun raised more than $60,000 last night.
The Green Bay Packers quarterback and Milwaukee Brewers outfielder were not at 8-Twelve MVP Bar & Grill in Brookfield but donated items for auction.
The proceeds will go to the eight children left behind by the three women killed at Azana Salon & Spa in Brookfield.
Radcliffe Haughton shot seven women Oct. 21. Three died, including his estranged wife, Zina, before Haughton killed himself.
Story By: The Associated Press
Sponsored in part by HodagSports.com
In Other News:
Gogebic Taconite submits sampling plans
- Gogebic Taconite wants to move quickly to dig an iron mine in Ashland and Iron Counties. MADISON This week, they submitted plans for the next step in the state's process. The company is asking the DNR for permission to sample hundreds of thousands of tons of earth, part of a bulk sampling plan. Gogebic Taconite also officially told the DNR it will seek a mining permit. The DNR will tell Gogebic within two weeks whether it can go forward with the sampling.
ArtStart Opens New Exhibit
- You don't need to go outside to enjoy the outdoors. RHINELANDER The new ArtStart exhibit brings nature indoors. The exhibit features work from artists around the country. It includes artifacts, paintings, and sculptures. Mitch Mode is a guest curator.
Merrill City Council plans to at Tomahawk to Municipal Court cases
- We want our city officials to save money and resources where they can. MERRILL In Merrill, the city council is trying to do that with their municipal court. The new plan means if you get a speeding ticket or citation for disorderly conduct in tomahawk, you'd have to go to court in Merrill. The timetable is quicker for getting in and out of the municipal court than getting through Lincoln County Circuit Court. The discussion came up when Merrill's city staff members decided they need to make a decision whether to continue funding the court.
Man dies when a train hits his van
- An elderly man from central Wisconsin killed in a terrifying crash when a train crashes into his van. TOWN OF UNITY, WI Charles Podbelsek, 81, was driving on a Clark County Road Tuesday morning. When he approached the railroad crossing he did not stop at the stop sign and hit a Canadian National train. His Caravan was thrown from the crossing, landed on its roof, and Podbelsek was thrown from the van.
Plans for next wolf hunt move forward
- Wisconsin wildlife officials want hunters and trappers kill more wolves this year. MADISON Yesterday the DNR finalized proposed kill quotas for the state's second wolf season. The quota was set at 275 wolves. The state's Chippewa tribes are entitled to part of that quota.
Forest Co. man gets jail for firing gun in house, pointing it at wife
- The Forest County man who pointed a gun at his wife and fired a shot in their home will serve conditional jail time. CRANDON Forrest Schaller was originally charged with attempted first degree intentional homicide. But today he agreed to a deal with the State. He pleaded guilty to recklessly endangering safety and felon possession of a firearm. In exchange, the Court dropped the attempted homicide charge. Schaller will serve one year in Forest County jail with work-release privileges. He'll be on probation for eight years.
Woman killed when ATV goes over cliff
- A woman died when an ATV sailed over a cliff in Iron county. SAXON Deputies got the call around seven last night about the ATV crash near Harbor Drive in Saxon. The ATV did not make it around a corner on Harbor drive and traveled over the cliff, coming to rest on the beach. A 42 year old woman who was a passenger on the ATV was dead at the scene. Her 44 year old husband had been driving, and suffered severe injuries.