Vice President to Visit Wisconsin
- Vice President Joe Biden's schedule is released for a Wisconsin visit this week.
The V-P will speak at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh Friday morning.
He'll then be at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside in Kenosha a few hours later.
Both President Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney's campaigns see Wisconsin as one of nine states still in play ahead of the election.
Biden's visit on Friday is the fifth time the vice president has stopped in Wisconsin this year.
(Copyright 2012 Associated Press - All Rights Reserved)
Story By: Associated Press
Sponsored in part by HodagSports.com
In Other News:
Gogebic Taconite submits sampling plans
- Gogebic Taconite wants to move quickly to dig an iron mine in Ashland and Iron Counties. MADISON This week, they submitted plans for the next step in the state's process. The company is asking the DNR for permission to sample hundreds of thousands of tons of earth, part of a bulk sampling plan. Gogebic Taconite also officially told the DNR it will seek a mining permit. The DNR will tell Gogebic within two weeks whether it can go forward with the sampling.
7th annual historical society picnic
- Cars, ATVs and snowmobiles can take you to nearly any destination in the Northwood’s. ANTIGO But without the steam-engine locomotive, many of those spots wouldn’t be on the map. Joe Hermolin, Langlade County Historic Society president, said at one point in Antigo's history, half of the town worked for the railroad. “They would ship out wood products and eventually farm goods," Hermolin said. "It used to all come through Antigo.”
Kids make sculptures from soil
- When you were a child, you probably liked to play in the dirt. THREE LAKES Wednesday, some kids did just that. Only this time, it was for educational purposes. Jessica Hepker works at Trees for Tomorrow. Wednesday at the Three Lakes Library, she taught kids about different types of soil.
Woman with Alzheimer's found safe
- A barking dog led searchers to a Wood County woman with Alzheimer's disease. WOOD COUNTY Just before five last night, a call came in saying the woman was missing from the 46-hundred block of Lynn Hill Road in Port Edwards township. The woman was enrolled in the "Project Lifesaver" program, and was wearing a transmitter. However, the battery had apparently gone dead, so searchers could not find her that way.
ArtStart Opens New Exhibit
- You don't need to go outside to enjoy the outdoors. RHINELANDER The new ArtStart exhibit brings nature indoors. The exhibit features work from artists around the country. It includes artifacts, paintings, and sculptures. Mitch Mode is a guest curator.
Man dies when a train hits his van
- An elderly man from central Wisconsin killed in a terrifying crash when a train crashes into his van. TOWN OF UNITY, WI Charles Podbelsek, 81, was driving on a Clark County Road Tuesday morning. When he approached the railroad crossing he did not stop at the stop sign and hit a Canadian National train. His Caravan was thrown from the crossing, landed on its roof, and Podbelsek was thrown from the van.
Plans for next wolf hunt move forward
- Wisconsin wildlife officials want hunters and trappers kill more wolves this year. MADISON Yesterday the DNR finalized proposed kill quotas for the state's second wolf season. The quota was set at 275 wolves. The state's Chippewa tribes are entitled to part of that quota.