NEWS STORIES

Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Oneida Co. AirportSubmitted: 10/14/2012
Story By Newswatch 12

RHINELANDER - A private plane made an emergency landing at the Oneida County Airport Sunday night.

Around 6 p.m. the Rhinelander and Crescent Fire Departments responded to the runway where the small plane had to make the emergency landing.

The plane was on it's way to the Lakeland Airport when an indicator light said they had an engine fire, said a spokesman for the Oneida County Airport.

The Oneida County airport says the pilot was able to deploy the extinguisher system and put out the fire, officials said.

The plane landed safely and both passengers were not hurt.

Text Size: + Increase | Decrease -
Print Story | Email Story
Sponsored in part by HodagSports.com





 IN OTHER NEWS
People Across the Northwoods are thankful for many thingsSubmitted: 11/27/2014

Play Video

NORTHWOODS - Aspects of your life that you are thankful for always seem to standout on Thanksgiving.

It did not take long to find people in Eagle River who were thankful for something's.

"I'm thankful I've got a house, I have a roof over my head I can eat every day, I have a job," said Eagle River's Brad Pagels. "There really isn't much I want for or lack for anything."

"I'm thankful for many many things but the one thing I can think of in particular is having the kindest wife in the world someone who I can love and respect for all my days," said Peoria, Illinois Native Ben Prichard.

+ Read More
UPDATE: Wisconsin Rapids Police find missing 21-year-old manSubmitted: 11/27/2014

WISCONSIN RAPIDS - Police in Wisconsin Rapids have found a 21-year-old man that had been missing.

Friends and family of Patrick E. Howard hadn't seen him since Tuesday afternoon.



+ Read More
Lead found in City of Wausau drinking waterSubmitted: 11/27/2014

Play Video

WAUSAU - Wausau Water Works recently found elevated levels of lead in drinking water.

Now they're asking homeowners to be cautious when using that water.

The city stopped installing lead service lines in 1965.

They stopped using lead solder in 1986.

Today most pipes are made of either copper or plastic.

Any home with lead service lines could have lead in its water.

+ Read More
Madison College to train police on use of dronesSubmitted: 11/27/2014

MADISON - Madison College is developing a program to train law enforcement officers on how to operate drones.

Several law enforcement agencies in Wisconsin are considering the use of drones, for situations such as search-and-rescue missions or tactical operations.

Madison College is coming up with training that will show police and firefighters how to fly the unmanned aerial devices, as well as how to use them ethically.

+ Read More
Madison police question benefits of body camerasSubmitted: 11/27/2014

MADISON - As a growing number of police departments nationwide equip officers with body-worn cameras, Madison police are issuing a report that questions some benefits of the devices.

Police plan to present the report to the Madison City Council on Tuesday.

The report notes that studies have shown departments that use the cameras have seen fewer citizen complaints. But it also says more research is needed to see if the cameras actually bolster trust in officers.

+ Read More
St. Theresa Catholic Church serves free Thanksgiving mealSubmitted: 11/27/2014

Play Video

THREE LAKES - You could get a fair share of turkey in Three Lakes Thursday.

St. Theresa Catholic Church served a free Thanksgiving dinner for the community.
The church's goal was to make sure everyone in the area had an opportunity to enjoy a good meal.

This was the first Thanksgiving meal served in a couple

+ Read More
Chimney fire significantly damages Conover homeSubmitted: 11/27/2014

CONOVER - Firefighters blame a chimney fire for damaging a Conover home, according to the Vilas County Sheriff's Office.

The fire happened around 4:49 p.m. Thursday at 3950 E. Pioneer Rd. That's south east of Conover near Pioneer Lake.

The sheriff's office says the fire significantly damaged the house.

No one was hurt.

+ Read More
+ More General News
Search: 




Click Here