Loading
Search
NEWS STORIES

Young sex offender goes on state registrySubmitted: 10/16/2013
Story By CNN

SHAWANO COUNTY - A Wisconsin appeals court ruled a 13 year old boy in Shawano County must register as a convicted sex offender.

The teenager was convicted in juvenile court of sexually assaulting an eight year old girl he was baby-sitting.

According to the wisconsin department of corrections, anyone who registers as a sex offender as a juvenile is placed on a private list unavailable to the general public.

Authorities say the list is rarely used.

The department of corrections says there are nearly 15-hundred juveniles on the sex offender registry.

In extreme cases state law does allow the name of a convicted juvenile sex offender to be made public.


Text Size: + Increase | Decrease -
| Print Story | Email Story
Sponsored in part by HodagSports.com





 IN OTHER NEWS

MEQUON - Authorities say remains found in the Milwaukee River have been identified as those of a Mequon woman who disappeared in November.

The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office used dental records to identify 53-year-old Jacquelyn Ranallo.

+ Read More

Play Video

LANGLADE COUNTY - Langlade County wants to become the new home for the state's forestry headquarters.

Lawmakers have asked the DNR to consider moving the department's headquarters from Madison to northern Wisconsin.

+ Read More

MADISON - Wisconsin is joining a multi-state lawsuit against the Obama administration over its directive to U.S. public schools to let transgender students use the bathrooms and locker rooms matching their gender identity.

The lawsuit was announced by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and filed in federal court in Texas on Wednesday.

+ Read More

Play Video

THREE LAKES - First responders respond to different emergency calls every day. 

Those calls can be more challenging if they are trying to help someone who has autism.

A Northwoods group is encouraging local fire and police departments to train how to work with people with autism.

+ Read More

MADISON - The state Department of Natural Resources board has unanimously approved shrinking the number of counties where hunters can shoot only bucks this fall.

The board signed off Wednesday on a fall season framework that makes 10 northern Wisconsin counties buck-only. That number is down from 19 counties in 2014 and 12 last year.

+ Read More

Play Video

WISCONSIN RAPIDS - When John Siewert hears the phrase "Thank you for your service," he always responds with a phrase of his own.

"The pleasure really was mine," the U.S. Navy veteran said with a smile.

Siewert served during World War II, supporting the D-Day invasion in 1944.  Wednesday morning folks thanked Siewert, not with their words but instead with a hug.

+ Read More

Play Video

WAUSAU - North Central Health Care blames an "undetermined device failure" for the alarm and lock down in Wausau earlier this month.

A statement released Wednesday said the internal investigation ruled out human activation or remote activation of the emergency alarm.

Earlier this month, emergency crews locked down the hospital and surrounding area after a "Dr. Black" emergency was triggered. That alarm indicates a dangerous person with a weapon. After searching the facilities, no sign of an armed person was found anywhere in the hospital.

+ Read More
+ More General News
Search: 




Click Here