Clark Co. Crash Sends 13 to hospital
- Slick roads sent 13 people to the hospital in Clark County Sunday afternoon.
The-three car crash happened around 3:30 p.m. on Highway 10 between Neillsville and Fairchild.
A car going east lost control in the slush and sideswiped a car going west. That car then hit another westbound vehicle head-on.
13 people between the three cars went to the hospital.
Some of them are still in critical condition.
Police shut down the highway until around 8 p.m.
Sponsored in part by HodagSports.com
In Other News:
Gogebic Taconite submits sampling plans
- Gogebic Taconite wants to move quickly to dig an iron mine in Ashland and Iron Counties. MADISON This week, they submitted plans for the next step in the state's process. The company is asking the DNR for permission to sample hundreds of thousands of tons of earth, part of a bulk sampling plan. Gogebic Taconite also officially told the DNR it will seek a mining permit. The DNR will tell Gogebic within two weeks whether it can go forward with the sampling.
Budget likely just days away from passge
- Wisconsin Republicans want to expand private school vouchers, put forth a huge income tax cut, and reject a federal Medicaid expansion. MADISON Those ideas could be just days away from becoming law in Wisconsin. The state Assembly passed the biennial state budget on a 55-42 vote Wednesday. Those proposals are just some of hundreds in the $70 billion budget. Democrats decided not to offer any of the 211 amendments they had ready.
Forest Co. man gets jail for firing gun in house, pointing it at wife
- The Forest County man who pointed a gun at his wife and fired a shot in their home will serve conditional jail time. CRANDON Forrest Schaller was originally charged with attempted first degree intentional homicide. But today he agreed to a deal with the State. He pleaded guilty to recklessly endangering safety and felon possession of a firearm. In exchange, the Court dropped the attempted homicide charge. Schaller will serve one year in Forest County jail with work-release privileges. He'll be on probation for eight years.
Woman with Alzheimer's found safe
- A barking dog led searchers to a Wood County woman with Alzheimer's disease. WOOD COUNTY Just before five last night, a call came in saying the woman was missing from the 46-hundred block of Lynn Hill Road in Port Edwards township. The woman was enrolled in the "Project Lifesaver" program, and was wearing a transmitter. However, the battery had apparently gone dead, so searchers could not find her that way.
USDA Merrill Service Center Relocates
- Farmers in Lincoln and Langlade Counties may need to make a longer drive or call a different office for USDA services. MERRILL The Merrill Service Center will be temporarily split up between Rhinelander, Wausau, and Medford. The Farm Service Agency will move to the Wausau Service Center and the Natural Resources Conservation Service will be relocated to the Rhinelander and Medford Centers. These moves will last until further notice.
Medford man searches for photo of every Vietnam death from Wisconsin
- “Our goal is to find them all," says Bryce Kelley. MEDFORD Kelley, a Medford resident, wants to find a picture of every Wisconsin soldier killed in Vietnam. “I know that I will continue to work, and I have enlisted the help of many others that will continue to work until we find them all," he says. Nearly 1,200 Wisconsinites’ names are etched on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in Washington.
Man dies when a train hits his van
- An elderly man from central Wisconsin killed in a terrifying crash when a train crashes into his van. TOWN OF UNITY, WI Charles Podbelsek, 81, was driving on a Clark County Road Tuesday morning. When he approached the railroad crossing he did not stop at the stop sign and hit a Canadian National train. His Caravan was thrown from the crossing, landed on its roof, and Podbelsek was thrown from the van.