Two New Cell Towers Improve AT&T Service
- Starting today, your cell phone service should be better in the Marshfield area. Two AT&T towers are part of an ongoing investment by the company.
The company is providing better network coverage throughout the state. Customers are more willing to travel and live in places with reliable coverage. So the company hopes better service will lead to more jobs and economic growth.
At the start of 2012, AT&T invested almost 100-million-dollars in its Wisconsin networks. The company plans to keep improving Wisconsin service in 2013.
Story By: Melissa Constanzer
Sponsored in part by HodagSports.com
In Other News:
Gogebic Taconite submits sampling plans
- Gogebic Taconite wants to move quickly to dig an iron mine in Ashland and Iron Counties. MADISON This week, they submitted plans for the next step in the state's process. The company is asking the DNR for permission to sample hundreds of thousands of tons of earth, part of a bulk sampling plan. Gogebic Taconite also officially told the DNR it will seek a mining permit. The DNR will tell Gogebic within two weeks whether it can go forward with the sampling.
Merrill City Council plans to at Tomahawk to Municipal Court cases
- We want our city officials to save money and resources where they can. MERRILL In Merrill, the city council is trying to do that with their municipal court. The new plan means if you get a speeding ticket or citation for disorderly conduct in tomahawk, you'd have to go to court in Merrill. The timetable is quicker for getting in and out of the municipal court than getting through Lincoln County Circuit Court. The discussion came up when Merrill's city staff members decided they need to make a decision whether to continue funding the court.
Woman killed when ATV goes over cliff
- A woman died when an ATV sailed over a cliff in Iron county. SAXON Deputies got the call around seven last night about the ATV crash near Harbor Drive in Saxon. The ATV did not make it around a corner on Harbor drive and traveled over the cliff, coming to rest on the beach. A 42 year old woman who was a passenger on the ATV was dead at the scene. Her 44 year old husband had been driving, and suffered severe injuries.
Kids make sculptures from soil
- When you were a child, you probably liked to play in the dirt. THREE LAKES Wednesday, some kids did just that. Only this time, it was for educational purposes. Jessica Hepker works at Trees for Tomorrow. Wednesday at the Three Lakes Library, she taught kids about different types of soil.
Man dies when a train hits his van
- An elderly man from central Wisconsin killed in a terrifying crash when a train crashes into his van. TOWN OF UNITY, WI Charles Podbelsek, 81, was driving on a Clark County Road Tuesday morning. When he approached the railroad crossing he did not stop at the stop sign and hit a Canadian National train. His Caravan was thrown from the crossing, landed on its roof, and Podbelsek was thrown from the van.
Forest Co. man gets jail for firing gun in house, pointing it at wife
- The Forest County man who pointed a gun at his wife and fired a shot in their home will serve conditional jail time. CRANDON Forrest Schaller was originally charged with attempted first degree intentional homicide. But today he agreed to a deal with the State. He pleaded guilty to recklessly endangering safety and felon possession of a firearm. In exchange, the Court dropped the attempted homicide charge. Schaller will serve one year in Forest County jail with work-release privileges. He'll be on probation for eight years.
Medford man searches for photo of every Vietnam death from Wisconsin
- “Our goal is to find them all," says Bryce Kelley. MEDFORD Kelley, a Medford resident, wants to find a picture of every Wisconsin soldier killed in Vietnam. “I know that I will continue to work, and I have enlisted the help of many others that will continue to work until we find them all," he says. Nearly 1,200 Wisconsinites’ names are etched on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in Washington.