Merrill Police Find Large Stash of Meth, Other Drugs After Traffic Stop
- Merrill Police seem to have found a substantial drug operation thanks to a simple traffic stop.
Sunday night, police pulled over a car driven by 23-year-old Cassiopia Conlin.
Two warrants were already out for her arrest and police took her into custody. They then searched her car and found a large stash of Methamphetamine along with some heroin and LSD.
The two other people in the car with Conlin were arrested too. Those were Jimmie Joannon of Merrill and Danny Hanson of Wausau.
Police also used a search warrant to search Conlin's house on State Street in Merrill. There they found evidence of the use and sales of the drugs.
The three suspects made their initial appearances in Lincoln County Court today.
Sponsored in part by HodagSports.com
In Other News:
Students Raise Money To Teach Kids In China
- Most kids like to spend summer break fishing, camping or just hanging out. MINOCQUA But two Northwoods teenagers want to get right back into school in another country. But they need help. Two students at Lakeland Union High School only have 24 days left to meet their $6,000 goal. Nathan Grebe and Steven Zhang are trying to raise money to join a three week summer camp in Beijing, China.
Motorcylcist speeds away from Lincoln Co. Sheriff's Deputies at 100+ MPH
- When most people see flashing red lights, they pull over. MERRILL Lincoln county deputies are looking for a motorcycle rider who didn't. A Cafe Racer bike flew down highway 51 around 7pm last night going 84 miles per hour. A deputy south of Tomahawk tried to pull the driver over, but the biker took off at over 100 miles an hour. For safety reasons, the deputy did not start a chase.
Massive tornado flattens homes, neighborhoods in Oklahoma
- A monstrous tornado as much as a mile wide roars through the Oklahoma City suburbs, flattening entire neighborhoods, setting buildings on fire and landing a direct blow on an elementary school. OKLAHOMA CITY, OK NBC News reports at least 37 people are confirmed dead as of 7:30 p.m. The storm laid waste to scores of buildings in Moore, south of the city. The National Weather Service says it had winds up to 200 mph. People wearing neon-green vests were joined by residents in the search through rubble. Neighborhoods are flattened and homes blown apart. Gary Knight with the Oklahoma City Police Department says an elementary school took a direct hit from the mile-wide tornado.
Case Against Alleged Computer Sex Predator Will Move Forward
- In March, Benjamin Lahti posted on Craigslist he wanted sex. RHINELANDER A girl claiming to be 15 years old responded to the 24-year-old Ironwood man. They planned to meet in Minocqua. That's when Lahti was arrested as part of a statewide internet sex predator sting.
Rhinelander man killed in ATV crash
- A Rhinelander man died in an ATV crash in Lincoln County this weekend. MERRILL The Sheriff's Office responded to a crash just after 6 Saturday night in the town of Harrison. 49-year old Randy Romenesko appeared to have lost control of his ATV and crashed into a tree. He was taken to Ministry Good Samaritan Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Police say Romenesko was wearing a helmet but wasn't properly secured. Speed may have been a factor, but police believe alcohol was not.
Obama, Walker Approved at Identical Rate in Wisconsin
- President Obama and Governor Scott Walker couldn't be much further apart on the political spectrum. WISCONSIN But Wisconsinites seem to like them about the same -- in fact, at exactly the same rate. The Marquette University Law School came out with a new poll taken earlier this month.
Antigo Store Sells Powerball Ticket Worth $1 Million
- Somebody in Antigo won $1 million this weekend. ANTIGO A cashier at Krist Food Mart sold a winning powerball ticket. But so far, no one has claimed the big prize. The winning ticket was announced Sunday. Since then, Krist customers have been asking who won it. Manager Linda Hemingson said she was surprised to hear the ticket came from her store.