- Exciting news for an Antigo baking enthusiast we featured on Newswatch 12 Today in February.
Emily Bokern entered her recipe for The Ultimate Ice Cream Sandwich (pictured here) in the Martha White Muffin Mix Challenge and was selected as one of five finalists from around the country.
Earlier this week she found out she received the top spot.
"I've been entering contests for about eight years and I just do a few a year and I've never won. So, I just could not believe that I was a finalist and then to win was just outrageously fun", said Bokern.
She wins $5,000 and a Martha White gift basket worth $50.
Emily's recipe is below:
Crisco® No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 (7.4 oz) package Martha White® Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
1/2 cup Smucker’s® Hot Fudge Topping
2 tablespoons chopped, salted peanuts
1. SPRAY Belgian waffle maker with no-stick cooking spray. Heat to medium temperature.
2. STIR together muffin mix, milk and egg in medium bowl until well blended. Spoon half the batter into the waffle maker. Cook 3 to 4 minutes according to manufacturer’s directions. Repeat with remaining batter. Cool completely.
3. PLACE one waffle on a serving plate. Spread evenly with ice cream. Place remaining waffle on top of the ice cream to make a large ice cream sandwich. If ice cream gets too soft, return to freezer until ice cream hardens.
4. HEAT fudge sauce in microwave-safe bowl on high for 30 seconds in the microwave. Drizzle the hot fudge on top of the ice cream sandwich. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of the hot fudge. Cut into four servings and enjoy immediately or freeze for later enjoyment.
Makes 4 servings