- After a carbon monoxide scare in Trempealeau County, reminders go out that people who need help with the heating bill can get it.13 people got sick after a charcoal grill was used to help heat a home.Wisconsin is enduring one of its coldest winters in decades. With forecasts calling for another arctic blast this week, the state Department of Administration is reminding low-income people who need help to contact the Wisconsin's Home Energy Assistance Program.
The program covers part of a household's heating bill, and the benefit doesn't have to be repaid.So far this year, about 165-thousand Wisconsin households have received average benefits of $300 apiece. The average payment last year was $219.(Copyright 2014 Associated Press - All Rights Reserved)
Written By: Associated Press