Main: General News: Local News

Cigarette Butt Starts Fire in Lake Tomahawk Submitted: 05/26/2013
Lake Tomahawk - Sometimes a cigarette butt all it takes to start a grass fire. A Lake Tomahawk man was reminded of that Saturday.

Saturday evening the man threw out his cigarette butt on his property before heading into to town.

It caught the grass on fire and burned an acre of the land AND a his barn.

Thankfully, nobody was hurt. But the Lake Tomahawk Fire Department wants people to be extra careful about where they throw their cigarette butts.

Written By: Shardaa Gray

Text Size: + Increase | Decrease -