Main: General News: Local News

Fire Contained to Second Floor of Merrill House Submitted: 11/05/2012
Merrill - An open flame could be to blame for a house fire in Merrill this morning.

Firefighters got to the home at 504 E. 4th Street around 7 a.m.

Smoke was coming from the second floor.

Everyone was able to get out of the home safely, but one person was taken to the hospital. Firefighters contained the smoke and water damage to the second floor.

They think a candle may have started the fire.

Written By: Lane Kimble

Text Size: + Increase | Decrease -