Nonstick cooking spray
1 box corn muffin mix; batter prepared according to package directions
1-1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, reduced fat, reduced sodium, shredded
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 eggs, large
1. Heat oven to 375ΊF.
2. Coat 12 standard-size muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine muffin batter with Cheddar cheese,
onion powder and garlic powder. (See photo #1)
4. In another bowl, whisk eggs until the yolks and whites are
5. Place 2 tablespoons of muffin-cheese batter in each tin, making a small well
in the center.
6. Place 1 tablespoon of egg in the well of the muffin-cheese batter in each tin.
7. Top the egg with 1 tablespoon of the remaining muffin-cheese batter.
8. Bake the muffins for about 15 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin center
comes out clean.
For more flavor, a ranch seasoning blend of 1 teaspoon each dried dill, garlic powder,
onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon dried basil can be added to the batter.
Cooked ground sausage can be used in place of whisked egg in the center of muffin. Use
1 tablespoon sausage per muffin. (Ranch seasoning not recommended when using sausage