Recipe courtesy Buffy Miller-Jackson
3 cups oatmeal, toasted
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup wheat germ
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed.
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Toast oatmeal by spreading an even layer on a baking sheet. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
3. Mix the wet ingredients together in a small bowl, stirring until the brown sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients, stirring well until everything is well coated.
5. Spread the mixture into a shallow baking pan with sides and bake at 350°F for 25-35 minutes or until the desired golden shade is reached.
6. Let the granola cool on the baking sheet. Once cool mix in 1/2 cup dried fruit of your choice.
7. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
A 1/2 cup serving has approx. 175 calories