Courtesy Buffy Miller-Jackson
Layer 1 Ingredients:
1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
4 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup Guinness stout beer
Layer 2 Ingredients:
1 1/2 (8oz blocks) cream cheese at room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup Baileys Irish Crème
1. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and grease well, preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt, set aside.
3. In a large microwave safe bowl combine the bittersweet chocolate and butter, melt in the microwave stirring occasionally until smooth (1 1/2-2 1/2 minutes). Stir in the vanilla and sugar until well mixed, and then stir in the sugar until well blended.
4. Stir in the flour mixture then the beer until well mixed. If the mixture is to dry add more Guinness 1 Tablespoon at a time until mixture is desired consistency. The mixture will seem a bit lumpy. Spread into prepared pan. Set aside.
5. Combine Layer 2 ingredients until smooth.
6. Pour over the brownie layer gently spreading to completely cover the layer.
7. Bake at 325°F for 45-55 minutes until the top layer is set and when a pick poked into the center brings up cakey crumbs.
8. Cool in pan completely before cutting into bars. Makes 24 Brownies