Recipe Courtesy Buffy Miller-Jackson
Pizza Dough Ingredients:
1 envelope dry yeast
1 cup very warm water(110-120*F)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons oil
2 1/2-3 cups flour
Pizza Dough Instructions:
1. Dissolve the yeast in warm water in the bottom of a big mixing bowl, let the mixture sit a few minutes to allow the yeast "proof".
2. Stir in remaining ingredients; beat vigorously until dough is well combined.
3. Let rest covered for 10 to 30 minutes in a quiet space, or covered in the fridge for up to 10 hours.
4. To use sprinkle cornmeal on desired lightly oiled pan gently stretch dough into a general shape of the pan and place on top of the cornmeal. Roll out to the desired shape with a floured rolling or gently keep stretching it with your hands until desired shape.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Topping Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1/4 cup hot sauce
2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1-2 cups blue cheese crumbles
1 cup thinly sliced celery
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Topping Instructions:
1. Combine the butter and hot sauce, spread the sauce over the prepared pizza crust. Reserving about 1/4 cup toss the chicken in the reserved sauce.
2. Top the crust with the chicken then the shredded mozzarella cheese, then if desired 1 cup blue cheese.
3. Bake in a preheated 425°F for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and crust is deep golden brown.
4. Remove the pizza from the oven cut into pieces and if desired top with more blue cheese and celery slices.