Courtesy Buffy Miller-Jackson
1 cup popcorn kernels
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Pop 1 cup popcorn and place in a well-greased LARGE roasting pan.
2. In a large heavy bottom sauce pan melt together the corn syrup, butter, brown sugar and salt. When it reaches boiling continue cooking at a boil for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
4. Pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn in roasting pan, stirring carefully to coat.
5. Bake at 200°F for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes to even coat popcorn. Spread on wax paper to cool.