Recipe Courtesy Buffy Miller-Jackson
1 envelope dry yeast
1 cup very warm water (110-120*F)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons oil
2 1/2-3 cups flour
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in the bottom of a big mixing bowl, let the mixture sit a few minutes to allow the yeast to "proof".
2. Stir in remaining ingredients; beat vigorously until the dough is well combined.
3. Let rest covered ten to 30 minutes in a quiet space, or covered in the frig for up to 10 hours.
4. Sprinkle lightly oiled baking pan with cornmeal stretch dough onto pan either roll out or stretch with hands.
5. With a fork poke prick the dough liberally, brush lightly with olive oil and top as desired.
6. Cover lightly and let rise 20-30 minutes in a warm place.
7. Bake at 425°F for 14-25 minutes until deep golden brown.
Topping options: Italian seasonings, minced garlic, cracked pepper, sea salt, sesame seeds, poppy seeds