- A pair of trails will open Friday in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest after weeks of storm clean up, according to a U.S. Forest Service press release Thursday.
The majority of the Flambeau Trail and the ATV 421 trail will be open.
Officials with the Forest Service say the two trails are some of the most heavily used motorized trails in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest.
The Forest Service has been cleaning up recreational areas for more than a week.
Bad storms and high winds damaged trees and trails in the forest. A number of areas are still closed.
Crews will work to clear those spots for the foreseeable future.
Additional storm related closures on the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest include:
Medford-Park Falls District:
• Sailor Lake Campground is closed (boat ramp is open)
• Sailor Lake Picnic Area is closed
• Wintergreen Ski Trail is closed
Great Divide District:
• Black Lake Campground is closed
• Black Lake Hiking Trail is closed
• Moose Lake Campground and Boat Access is closed
• Mikwonago Ski Trail is closed
• A small portion of the Dead Horse Trail is closed, DH10 southeast to DH11
• Horseshoe Day Use Area