- Electricity costs a lot of money, especially when you're not used to paying for it. RHINELANDER The Rhinelander Area Food Pantry moved into a new location in October. In the old building, the pantry didn't have to pay for utilities. Now they do.
- Students in Wausau will be able to go to school online next school year. WAUSAU The Wausau School District is working on a virtual school program. The program, named Wausau Area Virtual Education, is for sixth through 12th graders.
- Anglers from across the country came to Rhinelander Friday to compete at the USA Ice Team open trials. Yes, ice fishing has a national team. RHINELANDER
- A 35-year-old Rhinelander man will spend four years in prison for burglarizing a number of businesses in Rhinelander in March 2014. RHINELANDER
- Seven people sit in jail, suspected of involvement in a home invasion armed robbery in Mosinee last week. MOSINEE
- Seven people have been charged with running a large drug distribution operation out of a house on the south side of Milwaukee. MILWAUKEE
- Michigan is joining the federal government in appealing a decision that restores legal protections for gray wolves in the western Great Lakes region. TRAVERSE CITY, MI
- Gov. Scott Walker says his experience taking on the 2011 teachers union protesters in Madison helped prepare him to take on terrorist threats across the world. OXON HILL, MD.