LAC DU FLAMBEAU - A fire destroyed the interior of a Lac du Flambeau home Monday night.
A fire started in the back bedroom of Vicki Doud's home.
All ten residents of the home were there when the fire started. Everyone got out safely, but the inside is a charred mess.
The family isn't sure what started the fire, at first they thought it was just the pizza burning in the oven.
The family hopes the structure is still in good shape so that they can rebuild the interior, but the family has lost all their personally belongings.
Now the community is stepping up to help the family out, especially Vicki Doud.
Doud use to be on the tribal council.
"Now she's an elder, but she did a lot of this community and I see a lot of people trying to help her," said Doud's daughter Elizabeth Diver, who also lived in the home. "But I'm really thankful that everyone in the community is helping out and anything they can do is greatly appreciated."
The family is need of clothes, shoes and household items like pots and plans.
There is also an account set up at the Chippewa Valley Bank for monetary donations.
They are currently staying with Aunt on Chicog Street until they move into temporary housing later this week.