Loading

16°F

19°F

17°F

16°F

17°F

17°F

15°F

23°F

17°F
EMAIL THIS STORY

Ariel Castro pleads guilty in Cleveland kidnappings Submitted: 07/26/2013
CLEVELAND - A Cleveland man accused of holding three women captive in his home for about a decade has pleaded guilty in a deal to avoid the death penalty.

Ariel Castro entered the plea Friday.

In exchange, prosecutors are recommending the 53-year-old Castro be sentenced to life without parole plus 1,000 years.

Castro says a pornography addiction and ``sexual problem'' have taken a toll on his mind.

He also says he was sexually abused as a child.

He had been charged in a 977-count indictment.

He is pleading guilty to 937 counts.

He had been scheduled for trial August 5th on allegations that include repeatedly restraining the women and punching and starving one woman until she had a miscarriage.

The women disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004. They escaped from Castro's house May 6th.



Story By: Associated Press

Text Size: + Increase | Decrease -
 

Email this article to a friend: 


*Your Name:
*Email Address:
*Recipient Name:
*Email Address:
Comment/Question
  Enter the code you see below:

Code:
     


Search: 




Click Here