Loading

45°F

44°F

42°F

40°F

42°F

40°F

46°F

46°F

42°F
EMAIL THIS STORY

Hot grease causes home and garage fire near Merrill Submitted: 01/29/2013
MERRILL - On a chilly, wet day, hot grease seems to be the culprit for burning a house down in Lincoln County Tuesday.

Lincoln County crews responded to a fire on Pope Road just north of Merrill around 2 p.m. A garage and adjacent home were both on fire.

The homeowner told police she put hot grease into a garbage can in the garage.

She then added water, which caused sparks to fly up and light the insulation on fire.

Both the home and garage appear to be a total loss.


Story By: WJFW News Team

Text Size: + Increase | Decrease -
 

Email this article to a friend: 


*Your Name:
*Email Address:
*Recipient Name:
*Email Address:
Comment/Question
  Enter the code you see below:

Code:
     


Search: 




Click Here