Loading

38°F

38°F

39°F

37°F

39°F

37°F

39°F

41°F

39°F
EMAIL THIS STORY

Minocqua House Fire Provides Reminder to Clean Chimneys Submitted: 11/01/2012
MINOCQUA - Minocqua Fire Department is reminding home owners to clean their chimneys after a house fire broke out Thursday afternoon.

The fire started just before 1:30 on Wintergreen Drive in Minocqua.

The homeowners smelled something burning and called 911.

Minocqua Fire Dept. Assistant Chief, Chip Nevoraski, "When I arrived on scene there were flames coming out of the top eaves and it was due to a wood burner."

It took about 10 minutes to put out the flames.

No one was hurt and there was some damage to the roof.

The fire department says the fire started near the chimney.

"It's just a reminder to everyone to clean your chimneys. It's up to the insurance company to figure out what is the official cause but I believe it was a faulty chimney," said Nevoraski.

With Daylight Savings coming up this Sunday, the fire department is also reminding homeowners to check their smoke alarms when they turn their clocks back.


Story By: Jenn Sullivan

Text Size: + Increase | Decrease -
 

Email this article to a friend: 


*Your Name:
*Email Address:
*Recipient Name:
*Email Address:
Comment/Question
  Enter the code you see below:

Code:
     


Search: 




Click Here